Thursday, November 7, 2013

Things that Remind me of You

Dear Leo,

It seems that everything around me remind me of you and of the day you were born. I was sitting with my coworkers for lunch today and someone was eating a Jimmy Johns sandwich. That's what I had after labor.
During lunch, ambulances stopped by our office and it reminded me of when I was put in an ambulance and rushed to the hospital, with you still in my tummy.

I have your picture saved on my lock screen on my phone. Every time I see your little face, I smile. Gosh, you are just so cute. When I saw the picture of my friend's newborn, the first thing that came to mind was "oh, I wish that was me with a healthy newborn in my arms". The second thing that crossed my mind was "Leo is wayyyy cuter". This thought made me smile. I like that I'm acting like the typical mom, thinking that my child is better than everyone else's. This reassured me. I am your mom after all and will always be. And to me, you'll always be cuter and sweeter than any other kid I see out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment