Friday, November 1, 2013

Finding Peace in Faith

My dearest Leo,

In the past few days, I've been seeking God a little more. Today, I just went to church and sat there alone for a good half hour. I didn't pray. I just sat there quietly and felt at peace. 

I found some comfort in the words of the priest who was there at your cremation and I found comfort in the hugs of strangers after Sunday Mass. I've been feeling like seeking God might be the only way to heal right now. 

I contacted my ex boss and will be having lunch with him tomorrow. I just felt like I needed to talk to him since he's such a kind person and is also religious. For some reason, I have a feeling that talking to him will help me. Today, I also met another friend of mine who is very religious...but from a different faith; I've been finding that it doesn't matter what religion you follow. Words from anyone who has faith have provided me strength and insight. 

When I lived with my parents, my dad would force us to go to mass every Sunday. I haven't been to church regularly ever since I left home, but now I feel like I need to get back to my spiritual life. It's like I'm craving it....it's like it's the only thing that could feel the void you left in me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment