Friday, November 1, 2013

Thank You

Dear Leo,

This morning was a little tough for me. I woke up and laid there, my face covered in tears. I'm not even sure what I was thinking about, but I felt sad, empty...

I had more time to think today and I realized that I needed to thank you. Your quick time in this earth has completely changed me and in the 1 hour that you were with us, you taught me so much.

You taught me that life is precious and that family is the most important thing in this world.

You taught me that all the little things I was upset about were really meaningless and so trivial in the grand scheme of things. Sometimes I get upset at someone or something and then think about you and tell myself that I shouldn't let such small things affect me.

You taught me what it means to be a mother and to love a child. I feel in love with you when I held you in my arms and at that moment, I didn't think of losing you. At that moment, all I wanted was to fully enjoy you. I didn't know how long I would have you with me, but I knew it wasn't going to be long. I wanted to enjoy every second, to stretch out those minutes and enjoy being your mother.

You taught me more about your father. During the few minutes before delivery, I saw a completely different side of your dad. I saw how strong he was. I saw how rational he was during a high-stress situation. I saw how supportive and loving he was. He was so protective of you and I, Leo. He was doing everything he could to make sure we were both ok.

I'm a completely different person now. I am seeing the world through different eyes. Everything has been put into perspective. You made me a better person Leo. I am a stronger, wiser and better version of my old self. I am enjoying the little things, like how beautiful the sun rays are, how fresh the air feels, how great it is to have friends. I'm grateful for the people I have in my life, the people who love and care for me. I have been telling my friends that I love them....I never used to say that before. You made me value life, appreciate the good things I have, not focus on the negatives, let go of my frustrations...

You've given me so much Leo, and for that, I thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment