Monday, November 18, 2013

New baby in the group

My lovely Leo,

On Saturday, I went to visit my friend and her 2-week old baby. I have so many friends who have just given birth or will give birth in the next 6 months...you would have had so many little friends...

I was a little worried about how I would feel seeing another baby, holding another little boy, grabbing someone else's little fingers. It went well though. I'm glad I didn't feel envy, I'm glad I didn't burst into tears, I'm glad I didn't feel sad.

I have to say though that no other baby compares to you. Your little face is just so perfect and you are so adorable. If anything, this visit to my friend made me feel really great about you. I know I don't have you with me and that will always be painful...but as the pain subsides, my love for you grows; and I like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment