Thursday, November 14, 2013

Love/Hate relationship with my body

My dear son Leo,

From what I've read so far, there's not much I can do to fix or help the fact that I have an incompetent cervix (gosh I hate that term). But, I've told myself that I would still try to get my body stronger. I'll workout more (as soon as I get the doctor's green light), I'll eat really well, I'll take better care of myself. Not that I haven't - I'd say I'm a really healthy person, but maybe there's more  I can do? Maybe I can be super super careful about everything and treat my body like a shrine; respect it, take care of it, worship it.

But most days, I hate my body. I hate that it has an incompetent cervix. I hate that it also seems to have incompetent breasts...why does my body not realize that I don't have a baby? Why do I have to keep producing milk, even 3 weeks after losing you? I mean, why this constant reminder of what I lost? I also hate that I'm 10 pounds heavier than I was a few months ago, even with you no longer in me. Sometimes, I think to myself "why bother?". Why should I take care of this body that has failed me, that has hurt me? Sometimes, I just feel like punishing this body. It deserves it. It did something horrible to me, something that cannot be forgiven, something that cannot be forgotten.




No comments:

Post a Comment