Thursday, June 27, 2013

Your First Picture

I went to get my first ultrasound yesterday. I had to come in with a full blader, that means with 3 glasses of water in me. That alone was a feat.

The nurse put a warm gel on my belly and I saw you for the first time. You look a little like a peanut right now. You're about 1 cm long. That's it, just 1 cm. I saw your heat beat, which was really cool. The nurse said your heart rate was 130bpm. That's fastest than my heart.

The next part was a little weird. She had to go through my vagina to get a clearer picture of you. I could see everything on the screen. We looked at you from all kinds of angles and the nurse took a bunch of measurements.

I thought I was at 6 weeks and 6 days, but apparently, you are 2 days older. As of today, you're 7 weeks and 2 days old.

I was mostly relieved that you're still in me. I haven't felt many symptoms other than tiredness (I know, it's a good thing). And with all the spotting, I was worried that something might be wrong. But, you're exactly the size you should be. Your heart is beating, so I'm happy.

This Saturday, your dad and I are going to a little session/workshop at the hospital where we are going to learn about this thing we got ourselves into. I have no idea what to expect, but I'm looking forward to it.

Your dad has been wondering if it's a good idea to keep this a secret from his parents and wait until they are here in August. He really wants to tell them and hear all the advice they might have for me; well, for us. We haven't decided what to do yet.

My mother will be here in about 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to sharing the news with her and showing her your picture.

Oh, well, here it is. This is you right here.

Baby at 7 weeks and 1 day. 1 cm long

No comments:

Post a Comment