Thursday, June 20, 2013

Just to Be Sure & Sesame Seed

On Friday, June 14th, I headed to my family doctor and told her I thought I was pregnant. She said that the home pregnancy tests are pretty accurate, but that we could do a blood test to make sure. I said "YES" to that.

She was so happy for me. We had talked about me getting pregnant before and she had me started on prenatal vitamins. Every time I went back, I asked a few more questions about it. But now, there I was, pregnant and all. At this point, I gotta be honest, I was a little nervous. So I started firing questions: what kinds of exercises can I keep doing? Can I still run, do yoga, and cross-fit? How about volleyball?  What shouldn't I eat? What should I do between now and my first appointment with the OBGYN? Does it hurt the baby that I drank 5 glasses of wine last week when I was visiting my family?

Having had 2 kids recently, I'm pretty sure she understood my worries...so first she told me to calm down. Apparently, the drinking shouldn't be a problem, I can keep working out as long as I don't try to improve (don't run further/faster, don't lift heavier weights, don't do things I haven't done before).

Oh and the real surprise is that I'm 5 weeks pregnant. I just found out I was pregnant? How could it already be 5 weeks? That means I'm going to have a child in my arms in 8 months? That's 1 less month to prepare!!!

Apparently, the counting begins on the first day of your last period. It doesn't make much sense to me, since I was clearly not pregnant on the first day of my last period. Wow, how come I didn't know about this?

So, I went home, bought a copy of the book "What to Expect When You're Expecting"  on my Kindle and started reading. Apparently, my little munchkin is the size of a sesame seed right now. That's so small.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds odd, but a sesame seed has never looked so cute.

    ReplyDelete