Thursday, June 20, 2013

Surprised & Freaked Out

Thursday, June 13th...that's when it happened. I was already 4 days late on my period and didn't want to take the pregnancy test too early.

Last month, I was a little late and thought I might be pregnant. I took the test and it was negative. I was so heartbroken. I actually couldn't really understand why. I even cried. I know these things take time, but I was just so sure that it had happend to us on the first month we tried. The doctor did tell me that for some couples it takes months, sometimes even a year. Wow, 1 year. I couldn't even cope with my first negative pregnancy test...I wasn't too sure I could deal with 11 more.

Luckily, I didn't have to. On June 13, after work, I decided it was time to pee on the stick...so I did it. I left it in the restroom while it did it's thing and walked around the house a little. It takes 3 minutes to find out. I went back into the restroom and there it was! I got one of those digital pregnancy tests to be absolutely sure - I didn't want to have to interpret two pink lines (is it two? Is it one?). This one said loud and clear: PREGNANT. I did a little skip and dance in the washroom, holding the stick I had just peed on. I couldn't believe it. I went back to the living room, sat on the couch and though "Holy shit, I'm pregnant". And then I though "I'm going to have to stop saying holy shit". And then, I got nervous. Am I ready for this? There's a human being growing inside of me!


Just to be sure, I waited 2 hours and took another test. It came out positive again. So I called the doctor and schedule an appointment. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do now. I know I shouldn't drink alcohol or eat unpasturized cheese...but other than that, what am I supposed to do or not do for the next 9 months? So, my appointment got scheduled for the next day. I couldn't wait.

I was pretty excited and couldn't wait to tell my husband. He was working late and I was getting pretty impatient. Finally he comes in and I say "I think I've got a fever, look at this thermometer". He was confused and said "you're pregnant!". It was the funniest thing. He then said "Congratulations" and I said "Congratulations to you!". And of course, then we both started worrying. But we have 9 months to prepare...so BREATHE!

No comments:

Post a Comment