Thursday, June 20, 2013

Teary, Teary Eye

Wow, I am super emotional. I read about mood swings, but didn't know it would happen so quickly.

On Sunday, literally 3 days after finding out I was pregnant, I went to church. I felt I needed to thank the heavens for making this happen. During the service, a little girl was being baptized. Oh man, I started thinking about my own child's baptism and then TEARS. Later, I was just signing along with the choir and then TEARS. I knelt down to pray and TEARS. It was honestly a little embarrassing. I was trying to hide it - I looked like a mess. It makes me laugh now, but thinking back, I just couldn't hold it together.

Then, on Wednesday, like every other Wednesday, I went to my volleyball game. One again, I was the only girl there. I don't really mind that, since I think I can take the guys, no problem. But that night, they were really bugging me. Now that I think about it, I don't know if I was just easily frustrated because of the hormones or if I really had a good reason....they kept coming into my section, bumping into me, when it was clearly MY ball...and then when I told one of the guys "when i'm playing net, I'll get the ball" he said "but how will you spike" (the net is set at guy's height, which is way higher than girls' height....also, the guys that I play with are huge spikers, but not necessarily good spikers as 50% of the time the ball goes out of bounds). So I told this guy "well, I don't have to spike. I can just make sure the ball goes on the other side of the net. That's a possibility, isn't it?". I know I was being a jerk, but I hate it when they dont' let me play. I think I'm just as good as them. Of course, we all have our strengths and weaknesses but overall, I think we average to the same skill level. Anyway, after this little talk, I thought the game would be better, but it didn't. I played a whole game and I think I touched the ball maybe 5 times (not counting the times I served) because they kept coming into my space. I was soooo frustrated! So frustrated that I felt the tears coming up. I didn't want to risk being even more mad and worse: crying in front of all the other players. So after the 2nd game, I said goodnight and decided to run at the gym, in order to get my workout in.

I never got this mad at a volleyball game before. I'm actually wondering now if it was warranted. Was it hormones? 

No comments:

Post a Comment