Thursday, June 20, 2013

Spotting

On Sunday, exactly 3 days after my at home pregnancy test, I noticed some spotting on my underwear...I did a quick google search and read that it's common but it some cases, it's a sign of miscarriage. Oh no! I cannot have this happen to me. So I called my obgyn's office and a doctor told me not to worry, that it's normal. As long as I'm not having severe cramps, I'm fine.

But, Monday it happened again. Tuesday, nothing happened. Wednesday, I noticed a little more  blood, but it was brown - kinda what you get at the very end of a period. So, I called the doctor again. She asked me to go in on Thursday to do a blood test and then to come in on Saturday again to be tested. If my levels (of what? I don't know) go up, it means I'm more pregnant.

So i went in today for my first blood test. I'm pretty worried. I am so worried about how I'll feel if I find out that my first pregnancy ended up in a miscarriage. I know many women have gone through that...in fact, it seems pretty common; 20% or so of women have a miscarriage in their first trimester. But it must be though...and then you've gotta wait a few months before you start trying again.

I'm trying not to worry too much...there's a spanish expression that goes something like this "don't open your umbrella before the rain". I keep repeating that to myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment