Tuesday, October 29, 2013

It's Been a Week Since We Lost You

Dear Leo,

It's already been a week since you came into our lives. To me, it seems like time has stopped since last Tuesday...

I have been keeping myself busy by doing random chores around the house and watching plenty of TV. It's when my mind is at rest that I think of you. I'm not crying as much anymore. When I think of you, I mostly smile and think of the hour we spent together.

Last night, I was watching TV with your dad - a show where one of the characters is a guardian angel. I then said to your dad 'you're my guardian angel' and he said 'I can't be, I need to die first'. I broke down into tears. Just the thought of losing your dad, especially after losing you, really upset me. I can't deal with another loss.

Tomorrow is your funeral. We needed to choose something for you to wear - but where do you buy clothes for a baby that is just 1 lb? So,  I went into your drawer. Yes, you already have a drawer in our dresser. It has all the clothes I bought for you and all the clothes your maternal grandma got for you as well. The smallest item in there was a onesie that says "born free".  Isn't that just perfect for you?

I am not looking forward to tomorrow Leo. We will get to see you again, so that's a good thing, but to be honest, I'm a little scared. I don't like thinking that your little perfect body will be cremated and reduced to ashes. The thought of it pains me and I don't know how I'm going to deal with it when I actually see it happening.

Sometimes, all this still seems like a bad dream. It all happened so fast. Exactly 7 days ago at 8:19pm I become a mother and at 9:21pm I lost my son. And here I am now, telling you about your own cremation.

I wish you were here with us Leo.

No comments:

Post a Comment