Friday, February 21, 2014

Seek beauty in everything you see

That is how I am trying to live my life these days. It is so easy to see the negatives and the ugly. It's so easy to say "this is an awful day", "I am fat, I am ugly", "my life sucks". It's also easy to be constantly disappointed with others and think "why is everyone pretending this never happened?", "why didn't anyone call?".

When life is unfair to us, it's easy to be angry. It feels good to hate the word, hate everyone around us, hate everyone who is realizing their dreams while yours came crushing down. Staying positive is hard and it takes a lot of energy, frankly, it's exhausting. 

After Leo died, I realized how precious life is. Not everyone gets to live as long as I have. Not everyone has the opportunity to enjoy it. So, why not focus on the beautiful things that surround us? Why not see the beauty in people instead of focusing on their faults or failures?

Of course, it's easier said than done and some days, it seems like there's nothing worth celebrating. But we should all give it a try. Enjoying little moments, thinking positively, seeking beauty in everything we see - that's my goal this week.

Today, it's grey outside. But it's a nice winter day. The kind of day where winter doesn't seem so bad. Today is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment