Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Children are Fleeting

My dearest son,

Every now and again I see, hear or think of something that makes me think "oh, I should write about that." Days go by and I end up forgetting. So sometimes I just come here and start writing and then see where that takes me. Today is one of those days. 

Your dad and I went to the tulip festival in Northern Washington last weekend. There were so many families, so many kids. We are rarely surrounded by so many. It was beautiful to see the young kids run through the rows of tulips, see them pose for pictures and marvel at all the colors they were witnessing. It was also sad when I realized that I'll never see you do any of that. 


I read a quote today that made me think of you. "Sunsets, like children, should be viewed with wonder, not just because they are beautiful, but because they are fleeting."  - author unknon 

Fleeting...I'm too familiar with what that means. I know that you are with me. I just wish I could also be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment